SOP- Submit Support Requests and Report Issues
|0.1||Matias Fontecilla||2020-08-20||First draft|
|1.0||Matias Fontecilla||2020-10-02||First publication|
This process is governed by the Support Guidelines described in your Service Agreement with Interfacing. Therefore, In the event of any conflict or inconsistency between the information in this document and any terms or conditions set forth in your Service Agreement with Interfacing, the terms and conditions set forth in the Service Agreement shall prevail.
For Interfacing’s standard Cloud Service Agreement – Support Guidelines, see: https://www.interfacing.com/help/cloud-service-agreements/legal/en/topic/support-guidelines
Description and Scope #
This SOP presents the procedure for engaging Interfacing’s Support Team for the purposes of submitting inquiries and reporting issues.
This process is triggered by the need for any kind of vendor support relating to EPC and ends once the request has been closed. The major activities are:
- Submitting a request to Interfacing
- Reviewing and following up on the request
- Closing the request
The client organization’s internal support escalation process is not described in this SOP.
Vendor support interactions, such as feature requests, bug reports, general how to and technical issues, require a process for users to interface with the vendor at all stages of the support request.
Support requests can be submitted through these channels:
- Support Portal
- Email Support
- Online Chat Support
Support Portal #
The support portal is the preferred channel for submitting requests. It creates a corresponding Support Ticket in Interfacing’s CRM and goes through a formal Opened to Closed process. However, a user needs to be created for the individual submitting a request.
- Create Support Portal User:
- To gain access to the Support Portal, contact your organization’s Account Manager. They will create a user for you in Interfacing’s CRM and grant permissions to the Support Portal.
- During this task, the Account Manager may request some information from you.
- Once the user is created, you will receive an email providing your User ID, Password and URL to access the portal.
- Please consult your Junk Mail if you do not find the email in your inbox.
- Access Support Portal:
- Access the support portal here: https://www.interfacing.com/support-portal
- Log in by entering your provided Username and Password.
- Upon logging into the portal, you will be brought to the landing page, where you can create a new ticket and view open tickets.
- Create Ticket:
- To create a ticket, click on the New Ticket button on the right pane.
- A form will open. Enter a title, provide a ticket type, the severity, the product component and description as needed.
- Hit the Save button. This will create the ticket, which you can access from the Tickets section of the Portal. A confirmation email will be sent to you with the ticket number and other valuable information.
- Resolve ticket:
- An internal series of tasks is triggered to assign and resolve the ticket.
- Tickets Statuses are updated as they flow through the resolution process:
At this stage, depending on the nature of the request, the ticket assignee may contact you directly to initiate and follow up on any discussions relating to the request.
- Monitor and Track Ticket:
All tickets can be tracked as they flow through the resolution process via the Tickets section of the portal. To access it, click on Tickets, which will direct you to a list of all tickets relating to you or your organization.
- This will bring you to the tickets section, where you can see all tickets
To view a ticket, double click on it and you will be redirected to the ticket’s Details page, where you can see how the ticket is progressing, link documents and write/read comments.
- Close ticket
The ticket will be marked as closed by the assignee once all work relating to it is finished.
Email Support #
Users may also submit requests by emailing mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org. This channel is a quick and practical way to get in touch. A formal ticket is not opened by the Interfacing team by default, but may be created depending on the request type.
Online Chat #
Users may also submit requests through Online Chat at https://interfacing.com. This channel is also a quick and practical way to get in touch. A formal ticket is not opened by the Interfacing team by default, but may be created depending on the request type.
Note that because Interfacing cannot easily authenticate the requester from Chat, some requests may not be fulfilled for security purposes.
- Navigate to the Chat Component on https://interfacing.com
- Enter your name, email and select the Support drop-down before clicking on Start Chat.
- Submit your request and someone will be in touch. If the team is offline, they will email you with a reply.
- From the Chat interface, you can also Change your name, email yourself a transcript of the communication, and end the chat session.
Users may also submit requests by Phone. This channel is also a quick and practical way to get in touch. A formal ticket is not opened by the Interfacing team by default, but may be created depending on the request type.
Note that because Interfacing cannot easily authenticate the requester by phone, some requests may not be fulfilled for security purposes.